- Becca Byram peppy street video Becca Byram – Thanks For Lettin’ Me Know
- cliffordlamb bridges sessions video critique Clifford Lamb – The Bridges Sessions
- tonyadamo hippest rainman Tony Adamo – Rain Man
- FLOW FREEASCENT VIDEO CRITIQUE Flow – Free Ascent
- Emiko hammond organ hamfam Emiko The Making of Simple Love
- Trevis Bick Heaven single | contemporaryfusionreviews Trevis Bick – Heaven
- Carol Albert singer mas que nada | contemporaryfusionreviews Carol Albert – Mas Que Nada/More Than Anyone
- * cristinamorrison zzaj video critique * Cristina Morrison Zzaj video critique
- * krisrussell zzaj video critique * Kris Russell/jazz vocalist Zzaj video critique
- Emiko courageous different rock EP Emiko – Looking At Later
- Elias Haddad high production value video Elias Haddad – Visions video critique
- Miriam Tamar exciting rhythmic video Miriam Tamar – Firedance EP
- Emiko powerful video for us all Emiko – I Believe You
- Miriam Tamar insightful intriguing timeless Miriam Tamar – Who We video review/critique
- Beautiful rich-toned visual storytelling Dan Kennedy – Backstory video critique
- Pertinent penetrating single Trevis Bick – Real Love
- Stimulating & smoking hot Ron Jackson – Moondance video review
- Laid back engaging musical stories Kama Ruby, Kristen Speller, Susan SurfTone and Joanne Lazzaro – Hanging With My Sisters video Review
- Unique performance of Mistake Kama Ruby – Single review of Kama Ruby performing Moby’s Mistake
- Ancient medieval sounds given rebirth Apsara – Galatea
FLOW FREEASCENT VIDEO CRITIQUE Flow – FREE ASCENT: The title for the group is an acronym based on the players’ names – (Fiona, Lawrence, Oster and Will); to make sure you know who I’m speaking of, that’s Fiona Joy on piano, Lawrence Blatt doing acoustic/electric guitar and ukulele, Jeff Oster on flugelhorn and Will Ackerman on guitar (yes, THAT Will Ackerman, the creator of Windham Hill Records, and Imaginary Road Studios, where so MUCH wonderful and inspiring music has come from) – and with a whole host of guest players… Marc Shulman – Guitar; Tony Levin – Bass; Jeff Haynes – Percussion; Sam Bevan – Bass; Eugene Friesen – Cello and Tom Eaton – Guitar, Bass.
As always, the best way to “see” a presentation is using video… (NOTE: When you click on the video link below, you will be taken to the FLOW site… click BACK to return to this review).
I have reviewed each of these players often, and know just how full of musical energy and talent they are… it will be easy for any listener to hear that as they listen to & watch the wonderful scenes of nature displayed in this great little video… shimmering streams flowing freely through woodlands unfettered by the choke-holds of civilization… where even the trees are able to ascend to the highest of heights. The real spirit of freedom, though, is FULLY EXPRESSED at about the 3:04 mark, when the bird is shown breezing along coastlines both clean and full of beauty. You will also get a feel for just how freely the FLOW group play together… and you will fall in love immediately with the spiritually inspiring music they have put together for your enjoyment! The only real criticism of the video piece I have is that it would be nice if it lasted a minute or so longer… on the other hand, you can always hit the REPLAY button… a fantastic visual experience!
The official release date for the new album is October 6th, 2017, so you will only be able to hear samples until that point… in the meantime, I’ve no doubt you will want to visit the FLOW site and order your own pre-release copy right away. The liner notes proclaim that the group’s music “extends into a truly new age”… I can tell you from listening to my own review copy (I will be publishing a review very soon) – that isn’t just “headline-grabber hype”… not at all. The fact is, what they’ve done with this lovely sonic and visual experience is created something that will accompany us all into the coming centuries – mutually inspired and free to fulfill to our destinies together! I give this short video (& the ones I’m sure will come for many of the other songs on the album) a MOST HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.