- Becca Byram peppy street video Becca Byram – Thanks For Lettin’ Me Know
- cliffordlamb bridges sessions video critique Clifford Lamb – The Bridges Sessions
- tonyadamo hippest rainman Tony Adamo – Rain Man
- FLOW FREEASCENT VIDEO CRITIQUE Flow – Free Ascent
- Emiko hammond organ hamfam Emiko The Making of Simple Love
- Trevis Bick Heaven single | contemporaryfusionreviews Trevis Bick – Heaven
- Carol Albert singer mas que nada | contemporaryfusionreviews Carol Albert – Mas Que Nada/More Than Anyone
- * cristinamorrison zzaj video critique * Cristina Morrison Zzaj video critique
- * krisrussell zzaj video critique * Kris Russell/jazz vocalist Zzaj video critique
- Emiko courageous different rock EP Emiko – Looking At Later
- Elias Haddad high production value video Elias Haddad – Visions video critique
- Miriam Tamar exciting rhythmic video Miriam Tamar – Firedance EP
- Emiko powerful video for us all Emiko – I Believe You
- Miriam Tamar insightful intriguing timeless Miriam Tamar – Who We video review/critique
- Beautiful rich-toned visual storytelling Dan Kennedy – Backstory video critique
- Pertinent penetrating single Trevis Bick – Real Love
- Stimulating & smoking hot Ron Jackson – Moondance video review
- Laid back engaging musical stories Kama Ruby, Kristen Speller, Susan SurfTone and Joanne Lazzaro – Hanging With My Sisters video Review
- Unique performance of Mistake Kama Ruby – Single review of Kama Ruby performing Moby’s Mistake
- Ancient medieval sounds given rebirth Apsara – Galatea
- Beautiful jazzy vocals Lynn Cardona – Ophelia
- Pleasantly powerful seasonal music magic Erwilian – Advent
- Relaxing soothing Holiday single Robert Linton – Snowfall on the Eve
- Sultry seasonal single Rebecca Angel – Santa Baby
- Cutting edge jazz fusion Spherical Agenda – T.L.B. single review
- Shimmering soulful single Anaya Music – Imlyam
cliffordlamb bridges sessions video critique Clifford Lamb – THE BRIDGES SESSIONS: I reviewed Clifford’s excellent “BRIDGES” CD back in issue # 160… as you’ll note, if you read the review, he got very high marks from me for that release. What I didn’t know is that he had created a superb video that gave clear insights into the players, the music and the live two-track recording process that scares away a WHOLE lot of players & singers, because, as the producer, Jeffery Weber, notes – “there are no second chances”! Before I go off too far on my writing tangents, though, I want you to dig down deep into the video first…
Whether you’re a budding artist or an avid jazz listener who is curious about how music “comes together”, this video is a MUST-WATCH! The producers did something magical… they gave you insights into the artists, the engineers, even the drum and piano technicians. I just loved Jeffrey’s narration, and the introductions he made to each of the players… it’s something you don’t often see in these types of “behind the scenes” videos… even the humorous comments (like Buster’s comment about the bass) are a part of clearly showing you that players are “real people”, too.
A comment from Clifford about “keeping the process as spontaneous as possible” is advice that those up and coming players I mentioned will learn more from than reading reams of books on jazz theory, and finally (after I’d watched this video – at least – ten times) I caught Jeffrey’s comment that – “if it isn’t fun – it ain’t worth doin'” – the sagest advice you’ll ever hear!
An absolutely critical video for players to watch, with excellent production values and “just the right length”. I give this a MOST HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
Now – do a few things…
1. make your own notes & feel free to scroll way down to the bottom of the article & add in any comments you may have… pro OR con.. to the artists… to me.. anything you want to say (realizing that I screen each & every comment, so while you can be “negative” if need be, don’t be “offensive”).
2. If you liked this video, I’ve no doubt that you’ll love the CD it was produced for – BRIDGES… you can purchase it direct from Clifford’s site, or via the Amazon link below…
3. Watch the video again – & have FUN!
#cliffordlamb #bridges #sessions