- Dick Metcalf Contemporary Fusion Reviews Live Show Reviews
- Paula Santoro exciting live concert Paula Santoro/Jasnam Daya Singh house concert at Dr. Wheelz’ pad
- True jazz stars I-5 Allstars at ArtHouse Designs in Olympia, Washington
- Montavilla Jazz Festival Day 1, Act 6 – Rich Halley 5 with Vinny Golia
- Montavilla Jazz Festival Day 1, Act 5 – David Friesen Quartet
- Montavilla Jazz Festival Day 1, Act 4 – Joe Manis Double Drums Quartet
- Montavilla Jazz Festival Day 1, Act 3 – PJCE with Jasnam Daya Singh
- Montavilla Jazz Festival Day 1, Act 2 – Trio Subtonic with Dan Balmer
- Montavilla Jazz Festival Day 1, Act 1 – Ron Steen Quartet
- Charlie Saibel Tipsy piano bar Charlie Saibel’s first gig at Tipsy Piano Bar
- Montavilla jazz festival forefront creative expression Montavilla Jazz Festival 2017
- * jazzcamp portland ryanmeahger * Ryan Meahger’s Jazz Camp 2017
- Smoocho Gusto at Cascadia Grill, 2017/06/21
- A Tribute to John Keeslar LIVE SHOW review by Dick Metcalf
- Breaks and Swells Olympia fall arts walk Breaks and Swells LIVE SHOW review, Rhythm & Rye, Olympia, WA
- Steve Bentley Ensemble Great Northwest jazz supreme Steve Bentley Ensemble at Rhythm & Rye LIVE show Review
- Rob Scheps supercharged dynamic quintet Rob Scheps – Gil Evans Legacy Quintet – Olympia, WA
- Enchantingly memorable musical magic with FLOW (the Group) – Live Show Review, Royal Room, 2018/05/15
- Exciting jazz house concert LaVon Hardison – Live Show review
- Superbly entertaining guitar mastery Eric Tingstad – Live Show review, Harbor Sounds concert series
Superbly entertaining guitar mastery Eric Tingstad – LIVE SHOW REVIEW, ERIC TINGSTAD, HARBOR SOUNDS CONCERT SERIES: I most recently reviewed Eric’s highly-acclaimed “Electric Spirit” CD in early spring, 2018, and when my friend Rhonda Mackert told me he would be playing live at her Harbor Sounds Concert series, I asked her to keep me a seat… I’ve been wanting to meet Eric ever since I first reviewed his work way back in issue # 158… in some ways, his style reminds me of Bryan Bowers, ‘coz he’s got a story to tell, and in addition to his masterful acoustic and electric guitar work, he’s able to “tell the tale” with a real “down-home” spin (even without his joke sheet, lol)…
I rolled over to the Tides Tavern in Gig Harbor early in the afternoon for some of their great halibut… spent an hour or so with that, then moved on to Rhonda’s house about 5:00 or so (’bout an hour before the concert startup). This was my first time meeting Eric, and I thoroughly enjoyed his “real folks” manner… no pretentious “rock star stuff”, just earthy & real!
The show started a few minutes after 6:00 pm with a packed house (they sold out of tickets for this one over a month ago)… rather than have me natter on with descriptions of each song, I think it will be more meaningful for you if Eric just “speaks for himself” through his guitar… first a couple of acoustic pieces…
…as you can imagine, the setting made Eric’s sweet style come across as though he was right there “playing in your living room”… actually, that’s right where he was – in Rhonda’s living room.
Next up, you’ll watch three superbly played electric guitar selections that Eric makes uniquely his…
As you can see from those short clips, Eric is a thorough professional who is totally in tune with his instruments… be sure you SUBSCRIBE to his YouTube channel, where you’ll find many more excellent videos!
What you can’t see from the clips is the inherent showmanship he is also gifted with… I mentioned Bryan Bowers before because he and Eric are right in the same league – excellent storytellers who give you intimate insights into their hearts. If ever you have the opportunity to catch a live show with Eric Tingstad playing – DO IT! MOST HIGHLY RECOMMENDED by me, with an “EQ” (energy quotient) rating of 4.99.