- Dick Metcalf Contemporary Fusion Reviews Live Show Reviews
- Paula Santoro exciting live concert Paula Santoro/Jasnam Daya Singh house concert at Dr. Wheelz’ pad
- True jazz stars I-5 Allstars at ArtHouse Designs in Olympia, Washington
- Montavilla Jazz Festival Day 1, Act 6 – Rich Halley 5 with Vinny Golia
- Montavilla Jazz Festival Day 1, Act 5 – David Friesen Quartet
- Montavilla Jazz Festival Day 1, Act 4 – Joe Manis Double Drums Quartet
- Montavilla Jazz Festival Day 1, Act 3 – PJCE with Jasnam Daya Singh
- Montavilla Jazz Festival Day 1, Act 2 – Trio Subtonic with Dan Balmer
- Montavilla Jazz Festival Day 1, Act 1 – Ron Steen Quartet
- Charlie Saibel Tipsy piano bar Charlie Saibel’s first gig at Tipsy Piano Bar
- Montavilla jazz festival forefront creative expression Montavilla Jazz Festival 2017
- * jazzcamp portland ryanmeahger * Ryan Meahger’s Jazz Camp 2017
- Smoocho Gusto at Cascadia Grill, 2017/06/21
- A Tribute to John Keeslar LIVE SHOW review by Dick Metcalf
- Breaks and Swells Olympia fall arts walk Breaks and Swells LIVE SHOW review, Rhythm & Rye, Olympia, WA
- Steve Bentley Ensemble Great Northwest jazz supreme Steve Bentley Ensemble at Rhythm & Rye LIVE show Review
- Rob Scheps supercharged dynamic quintet Rob Scheps – Gil Evans Legacy Quintet – Olympia, WA
- Enchantingly memorable musical magic with FLOW (the Group) – Live Show Review, Royal Room, 2018/05/15
- Exciting jazz house concert LaVon Hardison – Live Show review
- Superbly entertaining guitar mastery Eric Tingstad – Live Show review, Harbor Sounds concert series
Just DON’T let me hear you claiming that the Magickland of Olywa “doesn’t have anything good to do”… life here is full of great music, great food & wonderful people… I went out for a quick bite of Ahi, after reading that two of my favorite Olywa players would be appearing at the Cascadia Grill tonight; the Ahi was mighty tasty, the servers were very pleasant, and (of course), the music (as you’ll hear in the clip below) was top-dollar:
“Smoocho” is bassist Loree Gardner, and “Gusto” is the gent on the guitar, a (very) long-time Olympia jazz cornerstone – Steve Luceno. Their playing was the perfect compliment to the laid-back atmosphere the little restaurant provides for their customers, and I enjoyed all of it very much. Rather than a long diatribe full of reviewer hyperbole, I’ll just let you listen to two other clips I captured of their superb playing together:
…and one more:
SO – don’t be “couch potatoing” it when there is such great entertainment and LIFE available… get OUT of your house on these wonderful summer days and join the players!
Well put, and glad to see that these friends and musicians that I admire are getting some much-deserved appreciation!
Absolutely, Charlie… of course, you’re in that “circle” of musical friends as well… really did enjoy Smoocho Gusto’s performance, & love the idea that restaurants are beginning to host players again here in town! Thanks for taking the time to comment!
Comments are closed.