- Dick Metcalf Contemporary Fusion Reviews Live Show Reviews
- Paula Santoro exciting live concert Paula Santoro/Jasnam Daya Singh house concert at Dr. Wheelz’ pad
- True jazz stars I-5 Allstars at ArtHouse Designs in Olympia, Washington
- Montavilla Jazz Festival Day 1, Act 6 – Rich Halley 5 with Vinny Golia
- Montavilla Jazz Festival Day 1, Act 5 – David Friesen Quartet
- Montavilla Jazz Festival Day 1, Act 4 – Joe Manis Double Drums Quartet
- Montavilla Jazz Festival Day 1, Act 3 – PJCE with Jasnam Daya Singh
- Montavilla Jazz Festival Day 1, Act 2 – Trio Subtonic with Dan Balmer
- Montavilla Jazz Festival Day 1, Act 1 – Ron Steen Quartet
- Charlie Saibel Tipsy piano bar Charlie Saibel’s first gig at Tipsy Piano Bar
- Montavilla jazz festival forefront creative expression Montavilla Jazz Festival 2017
- * jazzcamp portland ryanmeahger * Ryan Meahger’s Jazz Camp 2017
- Smoocho Gusto at Cascadia Grill, 2017/06/21
- A Tribute to John Keeslar LIVE SHOW review by Dick Metcalf
- Breaks and Swells Olympia fall arts walk Breaks and Swells LIVE SHOW review, Rhythm & Rye, Olympia, WA
- Steve Bentley Ensemble Great Northwest jazz supreme Steve Bentley Ensemble at Rhythm & Rye LIVE show Review
- Rob Scheps supercharged dynamic quintet Rob Scheps – Gil Evans Legacy Quintet – Olympia, WA
- Enchantingly memorable musical magic with FLOW (the Group) – Live Show Review, Royal Room, 2018/05/15
Paula Santoro exciting live concert Paula Santoro/Jasnam Daya Singh HOUSE CONCERT AT DR. WHEELZ’ PAD: It’s been a year or so since I attended an in-house concert at Dr. Wheelz’ pad… long-time Olympia jazz fans will know that Dr. Wheelz’ was Bert Wilson, a master of challenging and “out-there” music, and just like the jam sessions I used to attend at his other home (a long time back), the shows at the new location are always filled with wonderful music and very interesting people!
I arrived about 30 or 40 minutes early, as I’m prone to do, so I could chat a bit with the pianist accompanying Paula’s superb jazz vocal work, Jasnam Daya Singh, about an album he’s recording in San Francisco in just a few days… I was able to review his performance at the Montavilla Jazz Festival a few weeks back, and during our conversation there, he mentioned that he would be in Olympia soon… of course, he introduced me to Paula, whose bright and shining spirit we would bear witness to during the performances… she handed me two CD’s (Metal Na Madeira and Mar do Meu Mundo), which are now in my REVIEW QUEUE (be sure to check that out)! The whole vibe in Dr. Wheelz’ pad is ultra-cool… folks getting to know one another, woodwinds playing just outside the backdoor and an atmosphere of high anticipation.
Rather than bore you with writer’s descriptions of each of the clips shown, I’m going to just add them in… please be sure you watch each of them, so you can absorb a bit of the beauty in Paula’s vocal work and Jasnam’s rich keyboards…
Dr. Wheelz’ pad also has a Great Northwest jazz treat for you… Nancy joined in on flute towards the end of the first set – simply marvelous…
Paula’s vibrant singing in this intimate and cozy setting “made the night” for me, and I can promise you that ANY house concert at Dr. Wheelz’ pad will stay in your memory for a long time to come! Paula’s music is simply superb – be sure and check her out whenever she’s in your area… LOVED this! Stay tuned for my reviews of Paula’s CD’s, too.