- Dick Metcalf Contemporary Fusion Reviews Live Show Reviews
- Paula Santoro exciting live concert Paula Santoro/Jasnam Daya Singh house concert at Dr. Wheelz’ pad
- True jazz stars I-5 Allstars at ArtHouse Designs in Olympia, Washington
- Montavilla Jazz Festival Day 1, Act 6 – Rich Halley 5 with Vinny Golia
- Montavilla Jazz Festival Day 1, Act 5 – David Friesen Quartet
- Montavilla Jazz Festival Day 1, Act 4 – Joe Manis Double Drums Quartet
- Montavilla Jazz Festival Day 1, Act 3 – PJCE with Jasnam Daya Singh
- Montavilla Jazz Festival Day 1, Act 2 – Trio Subtonic with Dan Balmer
- Montavilla Jazz Festival Day 1, Act 1 – Ron Steen Quartet
- Charlie Saibel Tipsy piano bar Charlie Saibel’s first gig at Tipsy Piano Bar
- Montavilla jazz festival forefront creative expression Montavilla Jazz Festival 2017
- * jazzcamp portland ryanmeahger * Ryan Meahger’s Jazz Camp 2017
- Smoocho Gusto at Cascadia Grill, 2017/06/21
- A Tribute to John Keeslar LIVE SHOW review by Dick Metcalf
- Breaks and Swells Olympia fall arts walk Breaks and Swells LIVE SHOW review, Rhythm & Rye, Olympia, WA
- Steve Bentley Ensemble Great Northwest jazz supreme Steve Bentley Ensemble at Rhythm & Rye LIVE show Review
Dick Metcalf Contemporary Fusion Reviews I started doing my LIVE SHOW reviews in the late 1990’s, right here in the Olympia, Washington area, and though they are now a bit sporadic, I’m still doing them. I hope you will check these out and go to watch the bands I highlight whenever they’re playing in your area!
Purchasing and listening to CD’s is fine, but there is a completely different dynamic going on when you’re at a live show… it doesn’t matter if it’s a little “blue-smoke” room, an outdoor festival, or a high-end stage production… getting to see the players in “action” gives you an experience that is much like a “natural high”… so, get OUT of your house, up OFF the couch & go to a live show today!
Only the BEST of the BEST (genre doesn’t matter) get a review here – but then, if you’re a regular reader here – you already know that, eh? Of course, the whole reason for writing these little articles is because it is very, VERY important that you support live music in your own area or region… with all the cutbacks in funding for the arts, these artists may not be “on the scene” much longer (if the “blue meanies” have their way)… so please help us SPREAD the WORD about these live show reviews, & (of course) go and see a show – TODAY!
You should see a little “popup” – use that to navigate the series of live show reviews I’ve written for your reading/listening pleasure!